What is the difference between a course, content, book and a resource?
- Content is a complete learning unit that can be used by any user. Content can be of several types, for example; course, Book, lesson, worksheet, etc.
- Course is content provided in sequence, broken down in modules, open for enrolment and completion for a duration. You can attach prerequisites for a course, and it may contain assessments.
- Book is a collection of content units. It can be compiled or curated from school Books that conform to syllabi of state or central boards, for a grade, in the said medium of instruction and language.Books may also be compiled separately without adhering to any syllabus, but forming a logical unit of content pieces for the given subject matter.
- Resource is the simplest/smallest unit of content that can be created by any user.
What is a lesson plan?
Lesson plan is a structured outline of a given topic/unit/chapter to be taught in any given day. Lesson plan aids to streamline teaching and create an engaging learning experience.
Where can I create content?
You can create content in your workspace on DIKSHA. To access your workspace
- Sign in DIKSHA portal using your registered credentials (You need to have content creation rights)
- Click Profile tab on the headerORClick the Profile Icon and select Profile
- Click View your Workspace from the right side of the profile pageORClick Profile Icon on the header > select Workspace from the drop-down list
Note: First time users must obtain creation rights from their respective organization administrators. For details, refer section User Rights and Permissions